Not a boombox but a cool Philips Transistor from 1965, right before they put out the first cassette boombox. [ATTACH]
Philips Powerplayer from 1983, this was a full page newspaper ad! [ATTACH]
Sound Pal DCP-300 1985 [ATTACH]
Silver ST-808 from 1977 [ATTACH]
How good is a $15 Walkman The Straits Times, 7 June 1987 [ATTACH]
I started carrying around a tiny metal-clad notebook with pen so I can jot down ideas, of course for sounds I have that throughly covered.
I think Longman nailed it, line in was usually used for recording or listening to phono or another tape deck. I think most of us were recording...
Wow, those never show up around here, thanks for the photos.
How about an early one, Autoreverser got me turned on to UHERs. I can't afford a Nagra but these pop up for reasonable if you look long enough....
Feel free to post your recording units, these are some of my favorites. When I was a youngster in the 80's they were very expensive so none of my...
Nice to see you still stopping in once in awhile buzbox! That's a really nice looking Walkman, I'll have to keep a look out for one, I've...
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome to the forum eh! From area right below you, it warmed up today, 1 degree F, you guys must be frozen.
Welcome to the forum. I'd post your question down in the boombox tech section for more views. Take a lot of photos of the cord layout when you...
Two beautiful models, I'm not positive but I think they came out at the same time. They most likely need new belts. FixYourAudio on the front...
Some of those older VW Golfs are going for big money these days, check out this 1984 GTI, wow, 499K miles! The problem here is they turn to dust...
The two bottom ads disappeared? When I search JVC, the most ads by far are for VHS Cameras and some of the nicer video recording equipment they...
Those are huge!
I've got a Speak and Spell, it's still pretty neat to mess around with. Computers talking was so new and fun, I remember seeing a VIC-20 in the...
One of my favorites, the Sony ICF-5500W from 1977, I love this photo, too bad it's not better quality or a video. There's a few reasons this...
Separate names with a comma.