Some cool AIWAs from 1977 including the AD-6500 [ATTACH]
AIWA 22 Micro Stereo from 1979 [ATTACH]
I like how all of the English Brands use old names but somehow they didn't age as well as Hitachi.
Portable Stereo Has Limitations for Hi-Fi, The Canberra Times 1982 [ATTACH]
If you didn't live through it, it's hard to imagine what a big purchase these items were. The component stereo guys had it even worse, some of...
National RQ-542S form 1976, price is AUD. As a kid I remember everyone had the top style recorders but I don't remember seeing my first portable...
Sanyo's from 1973, this ad is neat because it shows the upcharge for adding a radio, the two boomboxes are very similar but the top one doesn't...
Cassettes Improved The Australian Jewish News, 1974 [ATTACH]
Cosmic Christmas Consumer-2 Stereo, Papua New Guinea POst=Courier, 1978. They really like the Pioneer (Centrex) SK1 but I was intrigued by the...
You'll have a hard time with some of those 80's all in ones, I'm not sure if they were meant to be repaired or tossed. If there is any gooey belt...
Welcome to the forum Matt, I love records, tapes and most equipment that can play back music, it's a great hobby but we all share your pain when...
I've got some pretty roached Walkmans but I think almost all have the serial number tag. The D6 tag is buried under the battery tray and I can...
Welcome MrCaution, it sounds like you'll fit right in.
I use my ION Jobrocker a lot, bluetooth from a phone, it has a huge battery and will play for hours, there is no display. ION has a bunch of...
You guys had the cool 12" extended singles, we had a handful but not like you did.
Sorry, I don't have that model or many of the newer ones but I'd say to check the write-protect tab on the cassette. I searched around but it...
If you didn't live through that time, we didn't have "classic" radio except for the 50's stations on AM, and there were a lot of those. If you...
Thanks! I've been combing the Singapore Newspaper Sites but haven't seen that model, I did see some Thomson Information that I'll have to dig...
Welcome Mathieu!
Did I read K-Tel? They had a big footprint on the west side of the Twin Cities and some building history. This is what I've heard but may be...
Separate names with a comma.