Welcome C.Tapes! Don't worry about the thrift store equipment, back in the old days of the forum it was a badge of honor if your equipment was...
I forgot about some of those crazy things they used to sell over the phone. This kind of came back in the early 2000's when they sold music...
Welcome! We'd love to hear about your projects, some interesting things have been built with vintage audio. I was just looking at my big Leslie...
The biggest complaint we seem to hear these days is the unit arrived not working, I'd fix it, the newest buyers don't seem to have the skillset to...
I just got some headphones today, 3M Worktunes, I work outside and it get's kind of loud, they have a radio and Bluetooth but other than that I...
The JVC RC-S22 actually has a big brother with two speakers and 10 bands, the JVC RC-77. The LEDs indicating the radio band is a nice touch across...
[ATTACH]
Dick Smith Cassettes 1983 [ATTACH]
A review of the Sharp GF 990 from 1983 [ATTACH]
Another from 1983 [ATTACH]
Denon Cassettes from 1983 [ATTACH]
TDK from 1983 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Yes the tape has cobalt in the metal mixture, I think most tapes have varying degrees of cobalt in them but when it was new they marketed the...
This is interesting, anybody have one of these TDK Magnetic Necklaces from 1978? [ATTACH]
Maxell UD XL I from 1978 [ATTACH]
Welcome D Nicolas G, we call those models "clones" since they look nearly identical to the Sony TPS-L2. There were hundreds of them, most pushed...
One of my favorite bands KIX and the Cool Kids Release from 1982. I got this a couple years ago and paid up for it, a lofty $4.00 USD. It's kind...
The Sony M-80 Microcassette Player with AM/FM radio and speaker. This is the gray area, it's kind of a big clunky Walkman but it's almost more of...
I've been fairly lucky but I have found some dead insects before. My biggest fear is that rodants will attack my full-size speakers, I had some...
I stumbled on both of my Pioneer SK-Q10's, one of the most beautiful mini's ever, hand's down. The boxes are sided with mirror-finish chrome, the...
Separate names with a comma.