Those early Sanyo's are so nice, they even look cool in the case.
and a couple more, the Motorola X40E and it's yellow friend a Panasonic RF-H20. The Motorola is much older and I included it because it looks...
Olympus and Philips went head to head on these, Olympus seem to win out in the end but they either shared the technology or licensed it. Philips...
I just found this nice litte guy, these are super cool, 9 freakin bands! and just a bit bigger than a cassette case. The Sony ICF-SW20, I found...
JVC FQ-22K AM/FM Tuner and JVC AQ-22K Amplifier Now this is cool, headphones with an amplifier pack!...
Can they match the color with an existing slider? I can't remember how that works it's been awhile since I bought paint. I just checked mine and...
That's an oddball, great pick up, it's so wild how new units pop up everyday.
My calculator came up with $436 USD Longman, which would be more of what I remember, component CD Players bottomed out around $600 USD back then....
I think that's the problem with designing the next generation, they basically had the best of everything allready. No matter what feature you...
Sony TC-152SD from October 1974, the Walkman's Grandfather. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Philips D8883 from October 1987 While these may look a little goofy now, having early egg-shaped design cues, these tiny CD players were pretty...
Toshiba RT-8340S, June 1979 According to the inflation calculator it would be like $544.00 USD, yes these early boxes were super expensive. [ATTACH]
Electronics Australia really like the Sanyo's but I'd take any of these! It's interesting that they missed a lot of other great boxes. The Sanyo...
Not a boombox but it's close and it's the coolest portable receiver ever, the National/Panasonic RF-9000! I didn't realize how large it was, it...
Sanyo M9975K, December 1980 [ATTACH]
Enhancing Stereo Sound from Electronics Australia 1994, an interesting article about boombox sound enhancement. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
Toshiba RT-8000S from March 1980 Electronics Australia, that's not a bad looking radio, looks a lot like the smaller Pioneer. [ATTACH]
Who knows? When I worked briefly in the tape industry in the late 90s (when tape was pretty much dead production-wise), my boss had a few...
Those are great, he did a really nice job on them!
Does it bypass the laptop's internal sound electronics?
Separate names with a comma.