8MM tape back-up was very common until around 2002, they could hold a few Gigs of data and they were pretty inexpensive. I think hard drives...
Since this thread popped up again, autoreverser can you post more on the Unisef? I thought they were a mail order brand but that unit is pretty...
Nice to see that your back to listening to music and enjoying books again. I'm curiously waiting to hear what you do for a stereo, somehow I feel...
Finally, I bought something! I found three books about cassettes and tape decks, this bookstore was really neat, it had everything and it was at...
Jorge, If you need any help filling in the Journey, Foreigner, Loverboy let me know, I think I have dups around here somewhere, I just have to go...
Vela left my life quickly, her flashy lights and buttons up high couldn't take my AC/DC urges. Jorge moved in with some Tito Puente and some Asti...
After new/old member Brian mentioned wanting one I saw a few here for sale, they look pretty nice and have held their value. If you don't count...
The poor guy was a little roached but still a very cool model [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I'll try to crack it open in the next few days, I've got a pretty busy week still going on but I'd love to help.
John Edward's Thread had some AKA's, although the manufacturer is still not known. Since Marantz had a handfull of players and had been making...
What do you need quaz30? I don't know the grounding points but I can take photos. I've got both the National RN-Z500 and the Panasonic RN-500....
Interesting, more scary is the mention it was bought to "mine the data" of it's millions of users, mostly ex-users. It's sad to see some of these...
I never thought of the computer angle Longman, makes perfect sense. We didn't have MSX over here, APPLE, Tandy, and Commodore dominated home...
Anybody own or touched one of the TDK Life On Record Boomboxes? We've got some locally for sale but I've never heard any input on them. The...
I was trying to find if there were other models and the UNIX PC-300 comes up, it's odd that they were making a "throwback" model portable cassette...
I found another unit for sale and some great photos, it looks like it may have sold http://m.gougoujp.com/auc/item/t599279554 [ATTACH]
Since the Pepsi Boombox above went quickly, here's some more... Pepsi Walkman...
Great set up Shaun Hinds, that case with the giant Sony Logo on the bottom is really cool, I've never seen one before. I really like the 80's era...
Thanks Foxxy1983, great collectible unit but there's no photos or information. You'll have better luck with both of those, if you don't know how...
Thanks Kent! It's nice to see the early units, it's amazing how it went from these to Walkman's in a few short years. I see them with boxes for...
Separate names with a comma.