It must have been the pricing, I think our 1981 Apple II+ was around $1400.00 USD and it was bare bones with 48K upgrade board and one disc drive....
Just checking this out for the first time. I always wonder, once you have so many nice units why do the posters disappear? He's got a...
I read somewhere to take out the screws for units heading for the trash, I've got a little supply in a jar. I think there are guys on ebay that...
Our market in the 80's was Apple Products for home and school (every school had one) and IBM for small (and large) business, and then a ton of...
We never had the Japanese Brands over here, I didn't even know they made them, except for some Sonys, until I started getting on the Japanese...
That collection must be huge lupogtiboy. About eight years ago there were a few bars that opened up with couches and lounge areas with old-school...
Thanks for the photos Boodokhan, I picked up a few small players over the years and love the engineering that went into them. Any idea what the...
Check out my thread in the boombox section with the Marantz Micro System Junkerman. They are one of the most fascinating units of all time and...
There's a good recipe for penetrating oil that includes transmission fluid on the net somewhere. Guys say it's way better than WD-40, PB Blaster...
Nice work, I would have liked to have seen the listing. Any tricks for getting a BIC Turntable Platter loose? I've tried the internet tricks but...
Craigslist Photos are like the governments photos of UFOs, always blurry. Silvers are so rare I don't know if they have any value, it looks like...
This is up for sale locally for $50, I don't know anything about Silver but it looks big. It does look like they put a toggle switch replacement...
That is a cool find, super rare but the icing on the cake.
Very early Sony Mono Boombox https://patents.google.com/patent/US3899795A/en?oq=US3899795A [ATTACH]
TDK was also looking into the hinged cover but much earlier https://patents.google.com/patent/US4422599A/en?oq=US4740856A) [ATTACH]
It looks like Panasonic was researching a hinged tape cover for compact cassettes. https://patents.google.com/patent/US4740856A/en?oq=US4740856A)...
An early auto-reverse patent for Toshiba, 1981. https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0129918A2/en?oq=EP0129918A2 [ATTACH]
Thanks for looking! Some of these young designers must have thought they had a million-dollar idea. Even back then it wasn't cheap to get a...
Early Toshiba Portable Cassette Player with a built in speaker. Seiji Tomita Designer....
Another Toshiba Portable Tape Player Patent with a lot of drawings https://patents.google.com/patent/US4669006A/en?oq=US4649453A [ATTACH]
Separate names with a comma.