It looks like Marantz UNIX had a model in the line-up, the UNIX-2, at close to $430.00 USD in the early 80s. Extremely rare, maybe JDM only?...
Studio-Standard was on all their equipment, we mostly saw the big "stack" systems that any 14 year old would have. Fisher owned this market...
And I found another Marantz UNIX Personal Cassette Player, the UNIX PC-36. This looks like it has recording and a tape counter over the PC-30....
The system is usually either of two units known as the Marantz MS-53 or the UNIX UMS-5 pencompo, I haven't found out what "pencompo" means yet....
It’s been called the James Bond Marantz, the smallest hi-fi component system ever made, but when boxed in it’s flight case, it’s a portable...
Great find, those are rare around here. I've said it before, Fisher was pretty much junk over here except for the boomboxes, for some reason they...
That top photo is bringing SEXY back to cassettes Elite-ist.
I used to work in the "head cleaning" industry for a short time. Instead of the normal clear leader, which light could shine through to shut the...
I tend to stay away from used as well but when I found a stack of Denon HD-M's I had to make an exception, plus they were around .10 cents a...
Sometimes when I'm knee's deep in spreadsheets I find these cool little threads to divert my attention. I've got a box down in the stacks full of...
Congratulations on your tape deck and don't forget to hit up the thrift stores once in a while. I bought one Nakamichi on ebay years ago but the...
Thanks Patron! The little one like yours is 100v, I bought one of those 120v to 100v wall warts recommended in another thread for $24.00 USD so...
Awesome finds Elite-ist! I'll pick up commercial tapes once in a while but haven't scored anything in years, the last time I found cool stuff was...
So I went all in and bought both AIWA Compos; this is the first photo together and I've done zero cleaning or maintenance. This may be the only...
I rarely find home recorded cassettes, I wonder if the thrifts around here don't just toss them out. A couple years ago I saw a large collection...
My car had a European AM Radio. After some searching I found that it could be switched by pressing different buttons but before I figured that...
I need to find one of those, I have no problem with finding crusty units, sometimes they are pretty satisfying to clean up. Are the trim...
Although most of these seem a little obscure, I really love that Casio Tape. I don't have any Casio Boxes or walkmans but I do have watches,...
We didn't have anything Russian, zero trade between the countries. I had a Russian Friend in the late 80's, he was one of the first to come over...
Would you call it a boombox Mystic Traveller? It has all the check points.....
Separate names with a comma.