1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deals: Walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Guys, no need for the aggro. It’s not a fraud listing as far as I can tell, but make sure you email the guy before buying in any case, as with anything.

Cassette2go likes this.
  2. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

Common sense reply & thank you

speedy2.0 likes this.
  3. Cassette2go

I do communicate very well with other people and here is a excerpt between me and a friend about a
    recent ebay purchase of MINE! - sorry nope not a walkman. / in fb messenger /

XXX.00 plus XXX.00 shipping and He adhered to my specific shipping instructions so no cracked case
    and you hear it working in my live video here in fb so in my opinion I just stole this! so what do
    you think?
    ( Shot today 30 March 2019 around noontime in fb and soon to be in YT when I get around to it for those that follow me )
    use your detective thoughts and or some day You will maybe see what I believe to be a score of the year.
    Above is a proper use of prices in ebay and communicating with the seller example cuz the other way around serves no purpose except to get people riled up over Nothing!

4. Cassette2go

Starting again FRESH...
    Title to this Thread is below and that is all I want to see forward from here this date ok - Just Walkman deals ok?
    Best deals: Walkmans

5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

A GUYS & DOLLS available on ebay for about USD 640 (C $850.00). This versioan of TPS-L2 is the most collectible walkman.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-TPS-L2...395593?hash=item4693346689:g:qM8AAOSwuopcprat

I have 3 of them ,this is your chance to get this beautiful walkman.

upload_2019-4-8_9-28-43.png

PROS:
    recently serviced and works fine (per seller: seller has 100% positive feedback)
    Comes with its original case
    your chance to have the highest collectible walkman

CONS:
    there is a scratch visible on the back of top plate
    There is a small tear in the case seen on 3rd picture

7. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Sony Walkman Wm-7 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/113716438938

PROS:
    has very rare headphone remote/headphones included. This remote triggers a capacitor which sends to the headphone jack on the main unit a series of controls. without this remote users can think the entire Walkman is faulty, but really it’s because modern headphone wires with hands free microphones or remotes will disrupt these capacitor signals and the unit will randomly switch playback direction.
    Low shipping, possible customs charges
    Cosmetically nice, includes leather case

CONS:
    Seller states unused since the 80s which I find odd, so unit condition is unclear.
    Headphone wire looks damaged, will need repair.

8. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

WMD-6C EBP- 6 external battery pack

PROS: very rare
    CONS: bit pricey

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  9. Mister X

The Pearlcorder SD2 Microcassette Player with box. This is a great unit for the microcassette lover, see my post in the walkman section. Sure it's only mono but it has a lot of cool screw on modules, this one has the AM module and the voice actuator module and it has the ultra-rare box, I've never seen the box before, and the player still has the plastic on the strap, maybe NOS?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-70...255280?hash=item364bf005b0:g:g-kAAOSw8xxcpsVv

Pearlcorder_Sd.jpg

Jorge likes this.
  10. Boodokhan

Its hard to find an AIWA walkman in working condition. I have few AIWA HS-G350 walkmans and all work with no issue. It is not a high end AIWA walkman but it has a beautiful design. This model comes in 3 different colors (Silver, Gray and red). The price range for this model is between 40- 300 US dollars. (300 us dollars for a red one in a mint condition with all accessories including original box and being restored by a professional).
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AIWA-HS-G35...252104?hash=item23bb7af208:g:o~cAAOSwS7Fcx3F-

upload_2019-5-1_9-54-37.png

PROS:

Free shipping
    reasonable price for an AIWA HS-G350 in working condition

CONS:
    there is a visible scratch/marking of top of the face place.
    lots of scratches on back side.
    seller rating is not 100#%

Jorge and sickly_b like this.
  11. Boodokhan

There is a WM-EX677 in Yahoo Japan Auctions for only USD 37.72 in working condition, This model is one of the best sony EX walkman units and you can find about this model on Techmoan : https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C5C36FAC1EACCF7B073DC5C36FAC1EAC&&FORM=VRDGAR . anyway its a real good deal and you have the chance to get it cheap.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l526000706

upload_2019-5-24_8-43-29.png

PROS:
    Works
    comes with original headphone and battery holder.
    appropriately priced

CONS:
    Shipping from Japan might be expensive to your country

Jorge likes this.
  12. givemeyourwalkmans

givemeyourwalkmans Active Member

Hi. Do you happen to have an HS-PX303 for sale in mint or very, very close to?

In other news. Here's a little something I found:

An absolutely perfect mint condition WM-DC2 black, looks literally untouched exterior wise and has apparently also had some work on the internals. Sadly where the price is going. I cannot personally justify spending that much on a single device even if it is the best.

LISTING ENDS IN TWO DAYS!

Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-Walkman-WM-DC2-Cassette-Player-mint-condition-new-center-gear/254305195243?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

Pros: I would say the best condition DC2 I have ever seen in my long life.

Cons: The price matches the condition of the Walkman... It will not sell for under 800 euros.

[​IMG]

Price as of posting:

[​IMG]

13. 19lexicon78

19lexicon78 Active Member

gee, unbelievable those prices. long time ago, i was the only one who loved the dc2 and had those for 17 euro. mint ones for 50. dd9 25 euro, 60 euro mint.
    collecting walkmans isn't fun for years anymore.

14. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

I agree with you, over priced. Funny i just sold one of mine some months ago for just over £400 with the original box ect. Even at just over £400, i think it was over priced. I would never pay that price, it's good but not the best. It's my favourite small unit, but when i want the best i take my D6C out with me.
    I had 7 x DC2's at one point, gave one away and had the rest made into 3 good ones for me.

Attached Files:

15. 19lexicon78

@toocool
    7x, dc2...
    must be a real fan boy. ;)
    sorry, i prefer the tcd 5 pro 2 more than d6c. it's got more body/bass. + is far better build. but that's another discussion

i had 3 dc2's. gave one to a goodd friend. well, within a couple of months he dropped that one on the floor.. gee
    i've noticed, i will never give good units to people who don't know the real value. also, people don't care when products are not theirs.. really strange.
    just like lending cd's or books.. even your inner circle. WTF

16. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Yes and no, i was just trying to get one that works very well hence all the units. In the end by having them all cannibalised i got good units.

I have never tried or owned a TCD 5Pro, so can't comment on how good it is. Also the TCD 5Pro is a lot larger hence can't do this see attached pic

Attached Files:

17. 19lexicon78

i know. you like the dc2 more than the rest.
    and i agree, the dc2 is the best and most fun walkman there is.
    the tcd5 pro 2 isn't really portable, but the d6c isnt' also. if i had to choose. it's the tcd5 pro
    the d6c has better mids and highs, but lacks bass. it's sound lacks body. it lacks mass
    besides that, the looks of the tcd5 pro 2, it's best walkman look of them all. only the looks of a nagra IV-s are better.. ;)
    yep, looks tcd5 pro2 are far better than a dc2..

18. Mister X

19lexicon78, don't lose your faith! I'm still finding stuff in the wild, although most isn't as nice. I still hear a lot of stories of equipment guys have, one of my casual friends just told me he's got a Technics RTR just sitting in his upstairs, another was just given a 15 grand stereo system for free when his clients moved. The auctions sites can be depressing unless you've been hording the units.

19. 19lexicon78

love this monster
    my favo walkman,it's not portable. it's build quality is totally next level compare to all the other walkmans.
    ok, not nagra-level
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  20. 19lexicon78

@Mister X
    forget technics R2R
    telefunken M15 is king
    perhaps better studer a820 or nagra t-audio
    those are the only 3 R2R you want. studer a80 is also nice.but think m15 is better than a80
    the telefunken m15 or m15a is by far the best bang for the buck..
    as i said 18 years ago, the dc2 is the one to have. dd9 second.

for more than 15 years now, R2R i say it's the telefunken m15
    the studer a820 isn't cheap, nor nagra t-audio= those are better.
    but best bang for buck
    it's the telefunken m15/a you should buy, forget the rest..
    hint ;)