1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deals: Walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Munich Germany is not that far away, i came from England and meet Command8 who came from Italy to the Munich High-End Show.

2. Command8

Command8 Active Member

@TooCooL4 btw I finally upgraded my record player. Changed the at95 to the ex stylus, gives for some nice treble. Bought one of those calibration disk and good god she sings like a hummingbird. For fun I even upgraded this old sansui sc-50 cartridge i had with a Jico stylus from some thakker fellow and my goodness, really gives a nice balanced mid and low frequency.
    @19lexicon78 It gave me good idea of the kind of HiFi sound I want, its a really nice "window-shopping" experience :music:.
    Besides it's a nice meet & greet:drinks.

3. TooCooL4

Command8 since i am not a collector, i don't just buy what's interesting to me i only buy on pure sound quality front.
    I am only now looking for an Aiwa unit which Fang Bian told me is better than both my D6C and DC2, i just want to find out for myself hopefully i will not be disappointed if i do find one. I went on the same hunt to find the DD9 as i was told it was the best, which turned out to be a let down.

4. TooCooL4

Nice one, happy you are enjoying the better sound :thumbsup2:

5. givemeyourwalkmans

givemeyourwalkmans Active Member

Thanks much for the tip! That PX303 looks like it went for a swim. I can't believe the price it sold for :O I have found at least 3, they are not in good condition but still cheaper than the one you linked (that is definitely also one of the most abused I've seen). It's amazing how much prices can vary.

I definitely am leaning more to AIWA but I know that they are both fickle and hard to repair at times. There are a lot of old threads on this forum stating their caps are always guaranteed to be ruined/leaking/etc. by now but I think they are still worth the effort to repair.

About the RX500. Surely you don't mean this model almost comparing to the PX505?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163614276266

6. Command8

Command8 Active Member

oops sorry, meant the white rl50.

7. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

I am really curious what aiwa unit is better then a DC2....?? Serious?

Boodokhan likes this.
  8. TooCooL4

I know it’s a bit selfish of me but I am going to keep the model to myself till I find one.:nwink:
    Incidentally it’s meant to be better than the D6C and the D6C is better than the DC2.

9. givemeyourwalkmans

givemeyourwalkmans Active Member

That is a little selfish. I doubt mentioning the model in this thread would remotely hinder your chances of scoring such a device.

Anyway, this thread has gone way off-topic.

10. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Strange to find a high quality walkman that surpasses a D6C .... it must be the best secret find ever!!

11. TooCooL4

Yep.

12. TooCooL4

When i do find a working unit, whether it lives up to billing or not i will share it then.

13. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Attached Files:

Boodokhan likes this.
  14. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

15. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

16. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I have this model but it is missing the triangle button and supposedly it works but it is still packed somewhere, so it is in the below location in the old drive but where is it where I live?
    I:\00000 Asus 13 Sept 2013 ALL\0001 Ebay Asus cut Sept 2013\Won since 28 sep 2010\14 May 2013 Toshiba KT-AS10 Tuner cassette walkman sskikss2000 121107191663

17. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

I have all the YPPY set . I managed to buy them all at the same time from a German collector I recall who had two sets of them .They were not in their original boxes though and I have since acquired some more of them boxed .They were only sold in the UK for one year . The interesting thing though was the German collector had a special display stand which was made for them all buti have never seen one. The walkman themselves are pretty basic and more novelty value .The one Mister X has shown in is ,in my opinion,the nicest and best of them all

Machaneus and Mister X like this.
  18. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Several years back there was a website , the www.MUSICPLAYERS.de. It was in German language and obviously belonged to a walkman collector .
    He listed his walkmans not only by model designation but he went as far to list also his multiple ones by serial number !
    A very interesting site , it's a shame it doesn't exist anymore.
    He had several YPPYs and a YPPY display stand , probably the same collector.
    Philip and anyone who hasn't seen a YPPY stand you're lucky , I had saved a photo , it's low resolution but you'll get an idea.

Here loaded with at least 5 Sony WM-2s.

yppy_8_smallbcd.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  19. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

20. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Sony professional walkman WM-D3. If you know how to repair DD central and small reel gear this will be a good deal
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SONY-Walkma...252979?hash=item3b39c48d33:g:JYoAAOSwWBFdjlvH

upload_2019-9-30_10-28-18.png

PROS:
    Partially works, with 2 gear repair should work fine
    priced appropriately US $115.00 and best offer is accepted
    The case is in excellent condition (by looking at pictures)

CONS:

clicks and require 2 gears to be repaired
    has marks scratch on walkman