1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deals: Walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

These first generation Panasonic Recording Stereo To Gos are big clunky square awesome pieces of engineering. Recording players used to be very hard to find, now some cool ones are popping up like the D3 above. The early players are very well built and cool looking, dig into John Edwards Threads in the Forum Reader, he did some great reviews of these units.

Mine gets shelf space, much better than storage, while the casing is plastic, there is a nice chromed trim around the buttons. These players also have two mic jacks, most later units have one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-...964883?hash=item52251cd553:g:AfwAAOSweNpdkh1H

Panasonic STG.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. stereomecha99

stereomecha99 Active Member

If I had known about this sooner I would have pulled the trigger, what a shame. This is a great deal for a top-of-the-range unit.

3. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

58121FA1-58C4-4CC8-BCFB-DDC43247E90B.jpeg C6BB63F5-BD6B-44AD-A9CB-EBC531E04572.jpeg 4D321CCD-57E6-4E8B-A0EA-B8053C0772AE.jpeg 36C456D7-CF08-42C2-A856-2001AFC4EB2E.jpeg A7555ED0-3197-45D1-856D-0B2D76685551.jpeg 9F451B8A-9EC0-4C89-BC17-3C8CFB6F7DC0.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. Philip Taylor

Sorry I have posted the above on the wrong topic as there is no Deal but I hope it was of interest

5. Philip Taylor

Hi Machanaus

I have only just noticed your post re theYPPY STAND . It is not small . Is it? Thanks so much for the pic of it as i always wondered what it looked like .
    I cannot work out what machines are on the stand as they all look the same and not at ll like the YPPY models.Do you happened know what they are ?

6. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

8. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Also historic with the markings "Ladies Collection". Like a recent advert in which a Husband buys his wife an exercise bike for Christmas, that would be deemed sexist these days.

9. Boodokhan

Boodokhan with its original box and all accessories is available for collectors. I will be bidding on this auction as well. If any members wants this one then I will avoid bidding. Please let me know.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sony-DD-100-Boodo-Khan-Walkman/264567986311
    upload_2019-12-23_11-17-39.png

PROS:

very hard to find a Boodokhan with all accessories.
    walkman cosmetic condition is excellent

CONS:
    there is no fix price/ Buy it Now option. Expect the price to go up on last minutes/ seconds :biggrin:
    Box shows some damages at the corners.
    headphone is faulty
    case needs some repair (the plastic part)

Jorge likes this.
  10. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

rough text - Sony DD-100 Boodo Khan Walkman 264567986311
    Item Information Condition: Used
    “Like new except for inner part of original headphones and leather case due to age, see pictures.”
    Time left: Time left: 1 day 21 hours Wednesday, 12:21
    Current bid: US $810.00 Approximately C $1,066.61
    I have One of these that I have yet to open as I am nostaligic about whom I was bidding against back then, Mine is just the player - no headphones with it and one is enough for me, so happy bidding as this is way out of my price range - Yes I know exactly where mine is at - see picture IMG_3701 Sony DD-100 Boodo Khan Walkman IMG_3701 Sony DD-100 Boodo Khan Walkman.JPG

Boodokhan and Jorge like this.
  11. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

stitching new transparency into original DD-100 cover might be a fun project for the proud owner o_O

One Question: is it true that Boodokhan model also had an optional powered pillow/subwoofer for an extra "kick in the butt"?

Boodokhan likes this.
  12. Philip Taylor

Yes it has a seat with extra base speakers in it which was originally given to show rooms for display purposes I recall. There used to be one up for sale on E - bay from a Russian seller for About 1500 Dollars I recall

Jorge likes this.
  13. Philip Taylor

I really would like to bid on this one Boodokhan but I fear the price will be far more than I would want to pay. Good luck with your bidding

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  14. Boodokhan

Longman, Philip Taylor and Jorge like this.
  15. Philip Taylor

How very interesting and detailed and what a lucky guy to find that one complete

Jorge likes this.
  16. Philip Taylor

Coincidentally I have found another Boodokan up for sale but without the accessories and the price is about the same at the moment as the other one but it is a Buy it Now so it is easier to secure if you want to get one
    Here is the link
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Boo...845125?hash=item3fd5428145:g:xnEAAOSwDuleASoM
    And here is another one . This time with the headphones and again at a fixed price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-WM-DD100-Boodo-Khan-Original-headphones-DR-S100-completely-restored/123877896907?hash=item1cd7b2b2cb:g:~aIAAOSwC~tdWFF
    And would you believe it another Buy it Now on EBay They are coming out for Christmas!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-WM-...703255?hash=item56c1541f97:g:S7UAAOSwmThccnhL

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Jorge likes this.
  17. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Boodo Khan body system BBS-10 looks like a Grand Idea to me! Such a shame that only 200-300 collectors have it now... and they are are Not eager to part with them: extra push for the back (sorry folks, I thought its for the tummy!) might do a miracle for my lower back pains, esp if my all-time-favorite Klaus Schulze is jamming:)
    And extra push for the headphones: brilliant!!!
    Nowadays we live in a Golden Age of h/p listening, real weird that no-one picked up on this Sony idea:mad:

Boodokhan likes this.
  18. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

I have no worries about my benefactor @Boodokhan - he has quite a few of DD-100 already :)

But I am seriously worried about these awesome BBS-10 thingies: we Must get one of those!!!

Boodokhan and Philip Taylor like this.
  19. Philip Taylor

20. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Ha! its a Start!
    Only 300 (or less!) being made: this will be on my "watch" list
    :areyousure:

On the other hand, Sennheiser "Orpheus" sets are hitting eBay by those who upgraded... "What a poor boy should Do? [that was from Genesis' tune, not me!]

Philip Taylor likes this.