1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomboxes with detachable Walkmans

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Boodokhan, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Matias

Matias New Member

SHARP QT19 Finally finished, with new belt, cleaned pots, and speed adjusted. It took me quite long till I found the speed VR is hidden under the board.
    If you need excellent quality belts, contact me, around 1600 equipment revised with its belt kits (decks, boomboxes, walkmans, vhs, Reel to Reel)

Follow me: https://www.instagram.com/solucionesboombox/

Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    qt19 01.jpg qt19 02.jpg qt19 03.jpg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 02.00.47.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 02.00.58.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 02.01.22.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 02.25.54.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 02.35.06.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 22.38.10.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Mister X, On The Beach and nickeccles like this.
  2. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

My Walkman Boxes...

Hitachi TRK W1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2024
    On The Beach, nickeccles and Mister X like this.
  3. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

4. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

I Think The Amstrad was Really Made By Amstrad, Unless it as made by a company for them, but when i Took my Amstrad apart, the actual Circuit Boards are Stamped with "Amstrad"

Mister X likes this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

That's wild, maybe Reli would know more or somebody that has a copy of the BoomBox Data Base. Overall it's a really nice looking boombox.

I love that Hitachi, mega rare around here, I posted a ton of newspaper ads for it, mostly from the UK and Middle East where it was heavily advertised.

6. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

If i can get the back off my Amstrad i'll take a picture of the circuit boards with Amstrad stamped on them, i'm not sure if a company made them for Amstrad and Candle, but it's like branded stuff these days like Panasonic and Jvc, i'm not sure they even make their own stuff anymore, they probably get an electronics warehouse in china to make the stuff and stamp their brand name on it.

7. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

The Amstrad is built by Orion in Japan! I like em but they are a pig to repair due to lower build quality....& as for that damn fixed mains lead! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Big_Paul likes this.
  8. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

I absolutely agree with everything you say, i totally love the radio, first time i saw one was in the catalogue in 1983, i wanted one so bad. i bought one years later to find a few annoying things, Firstly the built in mains is a mega hate for me, so annoying.. i did convert one years ago and fitted a mains socket. the cassette decks are awkward to work on, the walkman is known have a dodgy power connection and sometimes doesn't power up until you fiddle with it and get it in the right position, the speakers always cut out because of their crappy connection, and the speakers don't have a lock on them so you only have to nudge them and they fall off, i don't like the antenna clips, they always break off, most Amstrads I've owned one or 2 are broke. also i don't like the way the power indicators dims when the Vu Metre is flashing.. Apart from All those things, i still love it, it's up there with my all time favourite radios. i just have a soft spot for it.

nickeccles likes this.
  9. nickeccles

I got an absolutely mint walkman unit for one of these if you need one........

Radio Raheem likes this.
  10. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

i have 3 Amstrad 8090 boomboxes, 1 that is working, 1 that "was" working before i put it away but no longer has any sound now, i've got main amp but no pre amp, sprayed all the switches and fiddled and poked about with it but nothing, but i have a 3rd one that has no speakers or walkman, when or if i get around to it, i've going to make a good one out of them, when i sold up a few years ago i gave 2 Amstrads boomboxes with my collection, and i think i gave 2 or 3 8090 walkmans with them. All faults and annoyances aside, i just like them. they're just a nice looking thing.

11. Big_Paul

Big_Paul Member

I just Got the Back off One of my Amstrads.. This is what is on the Boards inside.. 20240229_165340.jpg

Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  12. nickeccles

A few more from a few years ago.......

Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (1).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (2).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (3).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (4).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (5).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (6).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (7).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (8).jpg Mark's Amstrad 8090 Stereo Radio Recorder - February 2020 (9).jpg

Mister X likes this.
  13. Mister X

Are all those little caps bulging?

14. nickeccles

No....just look a bit that way although test ok out of board!

Mister X likes this.
  15. Mister X

MR-88, we had the Fisher Version in the USA.

Mr-88.jpg

nickeccles likes this.
  16. Mister X

JVC/Victor PC-100, the same price as the MR-88, which would you want? The Victor always looks large in photos, it's actually pretty small.

Victor PC-100.jpg

Mystic Traveller and nickeccles like this.
  17. Mister X

Russian?

Russian K.jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  18. Mister X

Hitachi Let's

Hitachi lets go.jpg

19. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Yes, a second half of 80s.

It's called Amfiton MS,
    where Amfiton they say stand for Amphi (Greek: Around) and Ton for Tone so like Sound Around :),
    while MS for Miniature System.

This is a Player with an Active speaker system.

Mister X and nickeccles like this.
  20. Mister X

Victor/JVC Doubles

upload_2024-4-10_16-11-2.png