1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring Me The Mini's...The Quintessential Collection!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Mister X, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Matias

Matias New Member

Here you can see your player:
    http://www.rw6ase.narod.ru/index1/mag_ml/ml_kas_nos_/wef390.html

2. Matias

Matias New Member

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

There's a lot of interesting units on that website!

The turntable/R2R is facinating, can't wait until Techmoan reviews it! Yes there really is a TT where you pull the platter off and replace it with a R2R reel. It looks like the reels are stacked double so the take-up reel is underneath the supply reel.

Sorry can't read any of this, yet.....

Магнитофон-радиограммофон "Эльфа-6" с декабря 1955 года выпускал Вильнюсский электротехнический завод "Эльфа". Комбинированное устройство, совмещающее в себе граммофон для проигрывания граммофонных пластинок на скоростях 78 и 33 об/мин, а так же магнитофон для записи фонограмм, с их последующим воспроизведением. Запись звука двухдорожечная, осуществляется перемещением блока головок по высоте. Скорость ленты определяется скоростью вращения диска ЭПУ, а также зависит от величины рулона приёмной катушки. Диапазон частот на большей скорости 100...5000, на меньшей 100...2000 Гц. При работе ЭПУ - 100...8000 Гц. Нелинейные искажения 4%. Номинальная выходная мощность усилителя 1,5 Вт. Потребляемая от сети мощность 70 Вт.

Matias likes this.
  4. Igor62

Igor62 Member

Since December 1955, the Elfa-6 tape recorder-radiogramophone has been produced by the Vilnius Electrotechnical Plant Elfa. A combined device that combines a gramophone for playing gramophone records at speeds of 78 and 33 rpm, as well as a tape recorder for recording phonograms, with their subsequent playback. Two-track sound recording is carried out by moving the block of heads in height. The speed of the tape is determined by the speed of rotation of the EPU disk, and also depends on the size of the take-up spool roll. The frequency range at a higher speed is 100 ... 5000, at a lower speed 100 ... 2000 Hz. During operation of the EPU - 100 ... 8000 Hz. Nonlinear distortion 4%. The rated output power of the amplifier is 1.5 W. The power consumed from a network is 70 W.

Matias and Mister X like this.
  5. Mister X

It took a long time but I finally found a Hitachi TRK-1100H! I found an ad for this, from 1972, posted down in the newspaper ad thread, and wondered if this might qualify as the first mini. There's still a small Sony I'm chasing but I think the advertising for this predates the Sony.

This is right around 10" (26 cm) wide and its very heavy, I have to believe the internals are packed with metal, Radiomuseum lists it at a hefty 6 lbs! This is the gold version, it also came in silver. The catalog says the film style tuning dial is unique, I've seen it on other models but this may be the first to use it.

What also might be a first are the side pins for a shoulder strap, I'd love to see what an early Hitachi Strap looks like but they may be generic and fit a camera's strap.

and....another unit not found on the wikiboombox!

DSC_2195sm.jpg DSC_2198sm.jpg

6. Mister X

Another addition to the collection, the Hitachi TRK-5450EX. T-ster posted his back when the "new" version of the forum started, outside of that there's very little information on the internet for one of the coolest mini's but after seeing one, I had to start the longggg search.

Mine is black, I think it looks a little more stately than the grey version, the printing really pops on it. The LCD clock would have been a bonus feature, they were starting to get affordable (with all the calculators getting pumped out) but still an expensive add-on.

This also came with a vinyl case, overall a nice, kind of heavy, unit. The bent handle is an optical illusion, I think it's straight.

Hitachi had some cool little mini's, there's still a few more on my radar, just need to find them.

DSC_2237sm.jpg

smeltedcheese likes this.
  7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

i would dump all you're superb boxes and just use this haha

seriously i just don't get it lad lol

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    Mister X likes this.
  8. Mister X

It's a diversion from everyday life diggin ditches.

Silver965 likes this.
  9. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

you need a change of job brother... you disserve far better than that my friend:wink::wavey:

Silver965 likes this.
  10. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Brand New from the U.S of A........Say hello to the old Evertop mini radio recorder! New old stock & never opened until now! I love these little radio's especially in this condition! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (2).jpg Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (3).jpg Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (17).jpg Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (19).jpg Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (13).jpg Evertop MCTR-202 Radio Cassette Recorder New In Baux - 10 January 2024 (16).jpg

11. Mister X

Nice, it looks like the batteries say 79 which is around the year I'd guess. Is it made in Korea?

nickeccles likes this.