Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

Shame he won't post to the UK as I'd be all over that! Shipping would be expensive though.....

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

This one really caught my eye, it looks as big as a traditional Walkman. Judging by the batteries it must be around 6" x 6". It's so cool, almost a miniature reel to reel that would look great next to a full size unit. Unfortunately it looks a little roached out in the back but maybe I'll bid on it.
    National 2370 Reel to Reel
    https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b341113278?lang=en&rc=yaucc

nat1.jpg
    nat 3.jpg
    nat2.jpg

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Mister X likes this.
  4. Mister X

Very nice Longman, these tiny reel to reels are so neat, it's too bad they didn't last longer, I can only imagine what a late 70's high end version would have looked like.

5. Mister X

6. Mister X

One of my favorite full size field recorders the Technics 646D is in the top five for looks, like a good book it's hard to put down. It's my biggest field recorder by far, even bigger than the largest Marantz CD-330 that sits on top of it. Sony had a similar model that also has an amplifier, I'm not sure if the Technics also has an amplifier but I'd love to find one if they do. This one looks like if it had a good cleaning it would be a nice transition from the Walkmans to the boomboxes on your shelf or get instant credibility on your next cassette DJ gig. These do come up for sale a few times a year but they are under the radar and this is ok pricing but it doesn't hurt to make an offer.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TE...760990?hash=item4d7f92119e:g:Q1EAAOSwdzRb0RFC

686T.jpg

7. Longman

Mister X likes this.
  8. Mister X

Now that's cool Longman, for the most part Casio's portables, including the little TV's look like mass merchandised crap but this unit is kind of neat looking. Do you know what computer it goes with?

casio.jpg

9. Longman

A bit of Googling and I found.

http://www.google.no/imgres?hl=no&b...8&tbnw=161&start=0&ndsp=53&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

As for the pocket TVs i bought one their TFT display ones on ebay about ten years ago. Much better than the Citizen one I bought new in 1990.
    Best use of that was when we had an eclipse. I was watching the programme about it while stood in a field in the path of totallity waiting for it to happen.

10. Mister X

11. Mister X

Imagine this made into a compo style boombox, even still this would be ultra-impressive in any car or on a shelf as a mini-system. This may be plastic crap but the build quality looks really nice. If you are thinking about buying make sure the ad is ok, there seems to be multiple units from this seller that all look similar.
    Denon DCT-R1 CD Player, Denon DSV-1 Volume Level Meter
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-DCT-...332862207235?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Denon Car Stereo.jpg

12. Longman

13. Mister X

I know this doesn't fit the forum but it's ultra-cool and mega-rare, the Marantz Executive Console, yep a real old fashion console with a Marantz in it. Check out the finished speakers, definitely an interesting unit that looks like it was taken care of.
    https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w271026230?lang=en&rc=yaucc

m1ss.jpg
    m1s 4.jpg
    m1s 6.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Mister X

15. Mister X

16. Longman

The postage on the Executive Console would probably be higher than the start price of the Seiko TV warch.

Mister X likes this.
  17. Longman

Back to mini TVs how about this one ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-FDM...=item33f8ddca8c:g:TgsAAOSwI7Fb4FNj:rk:13:pf:0

A really strange design considering Citizen were selling more conventional colour handheld TVs a year or two before this.
    I know because they used to have one on display (working I think) in a glass cabinet at my local branch of Carrefour.
    By 1990 they had come down to £60 at some electronics discount place and I could finally afford one.

Mister X likes this.
  18. Mister X

That design is really cool Longman, I put that Watchman in my watchlist. I did a project back in design school in the 90's that had a very similar look to it but it was for a rechargeable light system. I hope no one objects to portable TV's, they are pretty much the same family as boomboxes and personal cassette players since some had them incorporated. My question is, did anyone put out a stereo TV set, not just the radio or cassette but did the TV have stereo. I can't remember how that evolved, if over the air signals were stereo or if you needed cable to receive the extra channel.

watchman.jpg

19. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Mister X likes this.
  20. Mister X

I have one on my watchlist over here but it's really crusty. These are my first memory of boomboxes, military style with all kinds of buttons and dials that we had no idea what they were for. Watching James Bond Movies made us try hard to get some sort of foreign signal on the short wave bands. I'm not sure why they don't highlight the super-cool mic on the right side, that would have been a deal-maker for a kid.