Cool stuff for sale mega-thread.

Discussion in 'Auctions and classifieds' started by Mister X, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

2. Mister X

3. Mister X

4. Mister X

5. Mister X

6. Mister X

Wiha Master Tech ESD Handle, Micro Tool Set is on sale, these always sell out but it seems to be a yearly sale. The last time I checked, most of it was made in Germany but the rachet is made in Taiwan. Keep an eye on the website this time of year for other great deals on Wiha Products. I use this and the JIS Screwdriver set discussed in another thread, I don't have stripped screws or cam-out anymore. The extension is also useful, some boomers have screws several inches inside the body that need to be removed to get to the tape deck. Don't forget to get the magnitizer/demagnitizer with your set.
    https://www.wihatools.com/master-te...e-mini-ratchet-microbits-in-metal-storage-box

75965_1sm.jpg

Jorge likes this.
  7. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Mister X likes this.
  8. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

To @Mister X : Wiha Tools seems to be TOTL tools there is... but recently I switched to Wera Tools (made in Chech Republic)... I hate to say it, but those Chechs make some sexy-feel tools!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Mister X likes this.
  9. Mister X

I've got the Sharp Trimate 3P-40U, the silver version, I don't know what the difference is besides the color but it does have a different label on the back without UL Listing or FCC #. This is a cool little mini with both microcassette and a TV.

Jorge, I haven't gotten any Wera Tools yet but I drool over them on KCToolCo.com The Joker Wrench looks like it might be handy to have around. I tend to check over on Garage Journal and if your lucky you can get some good deals when they have the sales, and they have a lot of sales going into the holidays.

10. Mister X

If this doesn't wake you up, nothing will, the Sencor S-3100 Microcassette Boombox, this is the first time I've seen this little guy and it's cute. Sencor only made a handful of boomboxes and they are all super nice and kind of rare. This has a Metal Setting and it records, plus the foam packaging has space for batteries, I wonder what they looked like? The flexible handle is very similar to the Marantz/Unix Microcassette Boombox.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SENCOR-S30...199404?hash=item264e49896c:g:m1wAAOSwwfdftZdK

Sencor S3000.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Papa likes this.
  11. JVCboom

JVCboom New Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193758919428
    Check the eBay listing for price. If you’d like to make me an offer outside of eBay email me at @ twotontango@gmail.com

Here it is. 1981 JVC PC5 with the super rare extras.

Pros: Has the super rare R-15E remote thats NOS and the bag that’s in great condition. Powers on, has back cover, plastic wiring diagrams, battery tubes and all wiring. Radio works.

Cons: Cassette deck doesn’t work, The take up reel works but tape gets stuck between the capstan and pinch roller. It has some scratches on the top. Battery posts are a little bit rusty but they are probably fine. Speakers need to be refoamed/ replaced, but they are original and work. No manual with the remote.

Otherwise this is a great super rare find with the extras. The remote and bag are unicorn rare and I haven’t seen a remote sell in over a year (sold for $300) , I can’t find a bag that’s for sale/ been sold anywhere.

It would be a great addition for any serious collector. And I’m sure if you’re that serious you can fix the tape deck. I just don’t want to mess with it or pay to have it done. Please please Message me with any questions. Check pictures for condition. Sold as is. Will be packed very well and safe. I will ship the remote and the unit with the bag separately. So there will be two tracking numbers. Shipping in the continental US only.

Attached Files:

Mister X likes this.
  12. Mister X

I love that bag and remote JVCboom, I've always been amazed that more boomers didn't have a protection bag, it would have been an easy upsell. Some of the cool accessories show up in the catalogs but most have long since been separated and lost.

13. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Hi Mister X sorry for delay but the Pioneer sign you posted has a better description in the description. It states that it is

INDIAN VINTAGE TIN SIGN "WITH DATE CHANGER" ORIGINAL OLD BOARD

Question answered I hope

Mister X likes this.
  14. Mister X

Too bad it's kind of small, if it were three times the size it might be cooler. It looks like he has other signs so it's hard to tell how genuine it is.

15. JVCboom

JVCboom New Member

I was really lucky to find this with a NOS remote and the bag! Too bad the cassette deck doesn’t work. The take up reel is working but the capstan gets stuck on the pinch roller and I don’t know enough about it to fix or want to invest the money. The remote has gotten more interest than the bag. I’ve gotten 4 offers of $300 for the remote. I had to put on the auction to stop asking me to sell the remote separately.

Attached Files:

16. Mister X

If it's that rare and valuable it's a good idea to split them up. I'm a big fan of the JVC Compos but I've never seen a boombox remote ever, the boxes tend to be more common. In the older days of the forum, one of the members, Kittmaster was trying to build a JVC (M90?) Remote from scratch for a group of the forum members. I'm not sure how that turned out since I didn't have any of the models at the time but it was a pretty big project.

17. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I guess the remote was an expensive optional extra so few people bought them. If you check the catalogues you might find that it can be used with boxes like the M90 as well which would push up the number of potential buyers. As Mister X suggests, if you split them you might make a profit or get your Boombox (and bag which is unlikely to suit anything else) for close to free.

18. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  19. Mister X

I haven't looked around my room but three-piece boomboxes with analog VU meters have to be super-rare, most have LEDs. The Marantz PMS 3500 is the only other one I'm seeing right now.

20. Mister X

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Papa and Jorge like this.