1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D6 with issues

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Squiggly, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Squiggly

Squiggly Member

If im being honest here, i think i might consider having another person go fix it instead of doing it myself, for once in my life, this seems like a process i really dont have the tools or knowledge to perform, i mean if you could recommend anyone im listening

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Easy - ask @Deb64 !!!!!

Being clinically bored I do free repairs for friends and neighbors, but being lucky once with my own D6 (and getting Lots of help from Debbie!) I do not want to stress my own self-confidence ;) this is one naughty Walkman to fix!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Silverera likes this.
  3. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Yep. They have known issues but surprisingly they are snapped up on EBay at high prices with vacuous descriptions like "needs new belts". Often they need an expert to diagnose and fix the problems. One I have not fixed completely is the failed plate lock. Hence the 0.81mm guitar plectrum in the attached image. 20201129_135049.jpg

4. Deb64

Deb64 Active Member

If you don't mind sending it across the pond, I'll be happy to take a look at it for you. I'll send a PM.