1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More speakers, wanted these for over 30 years, mission 705

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Radio Raheem, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Radio Raheem - You are my kinda man, Congratulations!!!
    The year when ‘shit happened’ to me I was Googling for Naim DBLs with 15” bass driver… but two 8” should do the magic!

Hopefully, someday I will grow-up to want stand-mount monitors/mini-monitors, but for now visceral impact of lows hitting my soma still makes me smile :)

If any of your amps have an option to be shorted for monoblock-operation, Do it! More amp Power is Always better, this is about the only true thing I've learned during my own search for the UltimateSound. And maybe try Not using equalizers, to my ears they only mudden the tune.., but those are My Old Ears, so this is just a thought, not Better-ing advise

I must have said this already: "Wish I Were There"... :rolleyes:

Emiel and Radio Raheem like this.
  2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Hey jorge i have heard dozens of amplifiers over the years my friend and to me they just sound flat and boring including my current amps without equ's lad, granted i have never had mono blocks or 30 grand to spend on an amplifier dude i only get 12 grand a year to live on haha, i guarantee you though if you heard my system you may shit the bed lol...i would love to have heard a system like yours or toocools but i don't think they are geared to wards deep seismic bass lol...i have actually heard a couple of hifi that make mine sound like a mono radio but i think that was down to there house and walls being much thicker etc as the hifi's were nothing compared to mine my friend....did i say it yet, these mission make my monitor audio look like a pair of tweeters there so big lol i still love my monitor audio though lads

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Jorge and Emiel like this.
  3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

:)... that's the beauty of this hobby: no one wants other man's stereo;)...

during the last Show before COVID shutdown, it was not huge Von Schweikert Ultra 11 but this setup which made me worried about the walls and structural integrity of the building:
    IMG_0710s.jpg

For two years now I am quite happy with my Linn Espek speakers, only 3.5 ft tall and just one 8" woofer, but snatched for the same price as your Mision 705: $500 cash

Boodokhan, Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  4. Radio Raheem

yes the most important thing is just to enjoy our music lads and good sound quality certainly helps:areyousure:

Jorge and Mister X like this.
  5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

My car stereos are starting to really sound bad, probably too much moisture on the speakers but I don't know for sure. I do know that at one time they weren't 1/2 bad and it's frustrating to hear so much loss in quality.

6. Radio Raheem

It's sad to see things deteriorating with old age Mr x, that's one reason i gave most of my stuff away, still have far to much left lad, it could all go as far as i'm concerned and just keep the stuff i use my friend

here are the speakers I've wanted since birth 8 speakers in each cabinet, (middle) but i no longer have the room and can't afford them anyway..........the mission were a miracle in the making for me as nobody could post them as there just far to large and the guy only lived just outside of wales hence personal delivery

those inner speakers must be flipping huge as the technics i want i think they are 5ft tall

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Jorge likes this.
  7. Radio Raheem

bought these yesterday although not audiophile, these should get the earth moving... we should have a dedicated thread for speakers imho

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Mister X, Boodokhan and Jorge like this.
  8. Radio Raheem

Well i cancelled these in the end they were only 3ft high and lightweight, they looked much better in the photos than they actually are lads

can't beat my dominating missions and monitor audio

Boodokhan and Jorge like this.
  9. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Oh, My!! On the photo Terminators look as if they reach up to the ceiling!
    Now I know how to sell those micro-speakers advertised for Dismans/Walkmans: place them in a doll-house :)

Boodokhan and Radio Raheem like this.
  10. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Alternatively, ask Luke Towan to create a model:

Mister X, Jorge and Radio Raheem like this.
  11. Radio Raheem

If they had been that big jorge they would have been mine bro, they were only 3 ft high and 13 kg, my amp would have blown them apart lad lol

please feel free to post any good speakers you see here lads, no mickey mouse speakers excepted though lol

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Jorge likes this.
  12. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

13. Radio Raheem

Thanks Rich, just to let you know both of my pioneers are done bud, back to the speakers they certainly the biggest i have had, hope you're keeping well sunshine

14. Mister X

Radio, did you ever have Cerwin Vegas? Those were the goto speakers for loud music in the 70's-80's.

15. Radio Raheem

Never had those Mr x but i have had many the same type of speakers bro, i mainly go for tower speakers now as i just don't have the room, christ i even have a large pair of 15" in my shed lol, hope you're staying sane in all this madness Mr x, you and longman basically keep this forum going for us lads

Mister X likes this.
  16. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

Hello Radio Raheem,
    Cool I love Pioneer Gear .
    When I was still doing Warranty work Pioneer was one the brands and I currently am working on a Pioneer Amplifier for a customer .
    Sincerely Richard

Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  17. Mister X

Thanks for the compliment, it's kind of like our NHL Wild Hockey Team that's having a great year, there's a few big guys on the team but everyone it putting in a great effort and they are all having FUN!

Things are mostly normal around here but once again I won't have any overseas travel, my reward for working a million hours all year.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  18. Mister X

Nice to see you radiorich, what do you think about the Pioneer A-9 or A-8, I've got one of those, they're really different and I've never taken the cover off. Probably the newest Pioneer Gear I have outside of boomboxes. I have the matching turntable, It's close to the PL-9 but it's something different. Someday I'll finish the stack off, the cassette deck looks really interesting but there's not many around.

19. radiorich

radiorich Active Member

Hello Mister X,
    Myself I own a Pioneer SX-8 Stereo Receiver and I also have a matching cassette deck that goes with it . When I had my radio and tv business going as a full time business it was located in a city near a air force and army base so I seen a lot high end Pioneer gear that the guys would bring back from japan everything from Akai to Sony and Pioneer to Technics . my two favorite Japanese companies are Pioneer and Sony Dennon makes some nice stuff too.

Radio Raheem and Mister X like this.
  20. Radio Raheem

if you want bass build them yourself lol installed these in some jamo gailforce 35
    s-l1600 (6).jpg