1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mulann B-1000 cassette player stuck battery issue

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by godfrey, Sep 1, 2021.

1. godfrey

godfrey Member

@Mister X THank you I will visit this website Oak Tree. One thing that I know for certain is that once the belt in my Mulann B-1000 is worn, I wont be able to replace it because they made it very difficult to open the case. I failed to do so. There is some sort of clip, glue or hidden screw keeping the body together. I failed to take it appart. I suppose they made it so that once it is done then a new one is needed :D.

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

A lot of cassette equipment is very difficult to take apart, there's usually one hidden screw, under a label, in the battery compartment, in the cassette tray, that is difficult to find. I've had to buy service manuals just to find one screw on some of the more complicated models.

Most belts last a long time, some of mine might be bordering on over 20, so I wouldn't worry about that.

godfrey and CDV like this.
  3. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I noticed that some batteries are slightly larger than others. Compare Eneloops Pro with standard Duracell alkaline for instance. I noticed the tighter fit when putting them in the DD33 for instance, they are harder to pry out.

godfrey and CDV like this.
  4. godfrey

godfrey Member

5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

The photo wouldn't show up for me but that's good news?

I feel like somebody did size (diameter) comparisions of batteries on YouTube, maybe Project Farm? I could do it but I'd have to run in the rain to the shop to grab my micrometer, maybe later tonight.

6. godfrey

godfrey Member

Emiel likes this.
  7. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

@godfrey, to me this looks like azimuth-adjustment screw.

godfrey likes this.
  8. godfrey

godfrey Member

@CDV Well I did not know, I learnt something. in conclusion it seems I cannot open it then. But at least I will be careful with the battery. I hope somebody will do a successful teardown of it one day.

9. lunasspecto

lunasspecto New Member

In order to remove a stuck rechargable AA from my Mulann B-1000 I ultimately had to pry off the back panel after removing all four screws holding it on: three that were immediately visible and a fourth that was underneath the warrantee sticker so they can tell if you've messed with the internals. So, yes, I voided the warrantee on my portable stereo in order to change the batteries. Before I tried that I'd been trying to pry the battery loose with a flathead screwdriver and did scuff some things up a little, so I'm glad I found a more elegant solution, and I think I wasn't going to call in the warrantee anyway. I've been using this one a while with rechargable batteries and they've got stuck before, but this time was the worst it's been. That's honestly by far my biggest complaint about the model, though. A huge improvement on the cheap Byron Statics I had in terms of playback, and more affordable than refurbished classic models.

C83 likes this.