1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My TDK Cassettes Collection

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by soluna, Mar 16, 2023.

1. soluna

soluna Active Member

Tataa - i got new cassettes :
    20231109_135538.jpg 20231109_140410.jpg
    20231106_151934.jpg 20231109_140857.jpg
    and an another Head Cleaner
    20231106_151817.jpg

The Freddie-Tapes, the HXS, and the old Endless Tapes are the more important tapes - the others i now can change with the placeholders.
    I now have 7 Freddie-Tapes, they are cool with the little windows for the cassette-code
    20231109_140302.jpg Now i only need the last Freddie - it`s on it`s way...
    The HXS is not the same like the HX-S, i think, it`s another formula. And the black DJ 1 - 90 is very hard to find.
    ( By the way - there`s no way to buy Head Cleaners with liquids in it from Japonia - the customs says no. )
    And there are two another little paper note-books - it`s TDK-Merchandise, i already had one different.
    Now I have exceeded the 500 limit. 509 cassettes. Another 8 cassettes are on their way.

Mister X, Emiel, KjellR and 1 other person like this.
  2. soluna

soluna Active Member

I got a new cassette
    20231215_150208.jpg 20231215_150313.jpg
    It`s a JY-90. Can anybody say, from what year it is ? It`s a Type I Tape, and the little window in the shell could refer to 1983/84, like the SA from this aera. But the foil style is more modern.

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  3. soluna

soluna Active Member

A new parcel arrived, after sailing a big Odyssee from Russia over Kazachstan, very rar cassettes
    20231221_151645.jpg 20231221_151735.jpg 20231221_151804.jpg

The SA-C90 is now one of the first-generation SA, it`s the cassette for the US/EUR-market - i still need the one for the japanese market.
    The C-90F is a real "Maverick" from 1969, very rare in this condition with the undamaged foil for the japanese market ( i already have one unsealed for the US/EUR-market.) The Colitas and Teddy Boo are still without any classification, i will look for some information.
    The Beam and DJ i can change now with the placeholders, and the CDing 1 complete the sports-series from 1997
    sports edition.jpg
    Now there are 516 cassettes in the collection, and there still are 10 on its way to me.
    Happy X-Mas to all.

Mister X likes this.
  4. Elmasarati

Elmasarati New Member

Hi Friedrich

So happy you got the first generation 1974 SA we were talking about two weeks ago. Wow my friend!
    Also, incredible how you got the 1969 SA ..JUST AMAZING!
    CONGRATULATIONS..
    Rabe

5. soluna

soluna Active Member

Yes, i`m happy, because it`s so hard to buy from Russia this time. Cassettes are sanctioned, and there hardly is a way to pay ( we found one over a bitcoin site ... ) And you must trust the partners, - so now at all this transfer happened without problems, despite of the first parcel from Russia was sent back to the seller....
    May be, i`ll try this way again, because there are 3-4 cassettes, i can need for the collection. Cross fingers. Good Luck to all Cassettes Collectors !

Mister X likes this.
  6. Elmasarati

Elmasarati New Member

Ok ....I had no idea that things were quite tricky to attain from Russia,
    Never heard of audio cassettes being sanctioned like that honestly..
    Just as well you were able to get anything in the first place ..very good..
    Bitcoin is a very interesting way to pay..will keep an eye out for your updates Friedrich .
    Thank you my friend...

7. soluna

soluna Active Member

Here are the news, - 3 cassettes from Poland
    20240122_141351.jpg
    Until a half year ago i didn`t know, that there is existing a Golden SD - i only knew the Golden Cassette. It needed some willpower to buy the Alignment Tapes, i got it for 50 % from the price on the market, they were expensive anyway...
    And i found one of the rarest cassettes in the world :
    https://jp.mercari.com/item/m78782659792
    But this price i cannot pay...
    25 Cassettes are still on their way to me - the magic numeral of 555 this year will be reached.
    Have a nice week,to all the audiophile nerds ;-)

Mister X and Emiel like this.
  8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

What is a Golden SD? It looks like a knock-off.

9. soluna

soluna Active Member

It`s a regular cassette from TDK, it`s listed for example at "Project C-90" and "AGFA-BASF". You can see here : http://agfabasf.com/catalog/tdk/tdk-gift-cassettes/
    It was for presentations, merchandise and gifts for special TDK customers and employees.
    The cassette, i have, has an original TDK printed seal stripe. There are some cassettes they came in a cassette box with inlet. And it came in Gift-Boxes too with the printed name of the owner like the "Golden Cassette" .
    And it`s already mentioned here in the forum : https://www.stereo2go.com/topic/ind...14111653385&content_oid=432098869472472268#26
    The year of production of "Golden Cassette" was 1979 ( this "pure-analogue" says ) and i didn`t know, when SD was produced.

Mister X likes this.
  10. soluna

soluna Active Member

And just another new cassettes came in - let`s see
    20240129_152147.jpg 20240129_152303.jpg
    20240129_152329.jpg
    The MA-X is the last TDK Metal , i needed for the collection ( except 2 Alignment Tapes ) - it`s the MA-X90ST, very rare to find.
    The Femme Fatale Green now can be with her Pink Twin Sister - Couple complete.
    There now is only one CDing i need - the 90-minutes-CDing 2 from 1993.
    The Picnic Basket is a curious thing, it`s similar to this kind of design ( i still look for it ):
    Muster.jpg

The 2 Salem i can add to the one, i already have, 3 different versions. The Blue one is a very old Head Cleaner Tape (1971) in a undamaged seal foil - very hard to find.
    And the SD is a japanese cassette from about 1969 - one of the oldest tapes, i have.
    So now there are 531 cassettes, and another 20 are on their way.

Mister X likes this.
  11. soluna

soluna Active Member

A new parcel arrived. It`s even more difficult to get cassettes from the To-do-list ..
    . für forum 240224.jpg

So the Beam is the last, i was looking for - Beam now is complete.
    And i found cassettes, that i never had seen before, like the japanese Walker ,- i already had the international version.
    I was able to get the Alignment SA ( one of 3 different ) for a good price. And the Endless 3 minutes completes this japanese series, can`t say from what year precisely.
    May be, i can remove the sticker for better looking. Any tips, how to do this ? I think it would be good to soak it before...
    Regarding Alignment - i haven`t found any information, what you can measure ore adjust with the special cassettes, there are about 10 different for Type 1,2, and 4.

Mister X likes this.
  12. soluna

soluna Active Member

Now only an Intermezzo - there are some cassettes, only a few, that arrived - and there is an bigger parcel on way to me - i will post them all together, if parcel`s here. The tapes, i`m looking for are rarer and rarer - i unfortunally missed a Time Editor 2 Cassette and a SR Limited 90. And for some wanted cassettes i have no access - it`s only regional shop - like this https://www.carousell.com.hk/p/tdk-sr-limited錄音帶-1063047206/ -
    if there is somebody, who could buy and send it to me - i would be very pleased.
    to be continued - have a nice weekend.

13. soluna

soluna Active Member

Here are now the new cassettes, i`ve got yesterday.
    Mai 24.jpg

The most of them are regional variations of cassettes , i already have. And i began to add some cassettes with other playtime length than 90 minutes to have one cassette with every different playtime length, TDK had produced. The NANA series is only for fun - i like the design. The new number of cassettes is 558 - and there are still 12 on their way to me. To be continued.

Mister X, Emiel and Valentin like this.
  14. soluna

soluna Active Member

Meanwhile i look for some used MA-R, and i`m faced with a puzzle. Here`re 2 pictures of first and second edition :
    MA-R (1).jpg MA-R (2).jpg
    You can see, first edition ( cassette on top ) has only one hole for type code - the additional hole ( 2 + 3 ) firstly came in second edition. But when both editions were produced ? All information in the web says, 1979 - 1981 . And despite of different cassettes, the both upper tapes in the picture have the same declaration design - so there seem to be no rules in this case. And so, in the web, there are offered so much mixed stuff, wrong tapes with wrong inlets, wrong declarations, a mess ;-)
    Does anybody can precisely say, what are the differences between the 4 different MA-R tapes from 1979 - 1984 ?