1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Toshiba cassette player collection

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by kent, Mar 3, 2019.

1. kent

kent Active Member

toshiba001.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Beautiful collection.
    thanks for sharing.

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for showing the boxes, those are always cool to check out, it's too bad they went to the personality-less plastic blister pack in later years.

4. Chestnut

Chestnut Member

That’s quite an amazing collection. As you have so many of the Toshiba variants, you might be able to help as I have a brand new KT-SV1, just purchased. I’ve changed the belt and all was fine until I pressed rewind, which was noisy and I have now discovered the reason: the tiny gear connected to and situated under the spindle has a split in it, so it is fractionally oversize now, hence the noise. It’s the gear that engages with the main drive when rewind is pressed (hence pressing down the rewind spindle and aligns the gears), so I’m looking for a replacement. I guess realistically my only option is to buy another unit, but in ‘spares or repair’ condition and hope the relevant gear is ok within it. As such I wondered if the KT-SV1 mechanical assembly is the same for any other models - any idea? Equally if you have an alternative suggestion on how to get a new gear, or whether the one I have could be repaired, happy to hear about that. If you or anyone else reading this can offer any help, I’d be very grateful.

5. kent

kent Active Member

Hi there,
    Most of my collections have not been repaired because I have more than one thousand sets of cassettes player and the workload will be too big,so I don't know much about maintenance.I think may be I can help you to ask others.By the way ,could you please confirm that the model you referring to is KT-SV1 instead of KT-VS1?

6. Chestnut

Chestnut Member

Thanks. Yes, it’s a KT-VS1 in blue.

7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

This is one of the major issues of Toshiba Walkman units. The crack that affecting the spindles comes in 2 different forms. I have dealt with this issue A LOT !!!
    The mechanism is common in many Toshiba walkmans
    You can open a new topic if you like since i do not want to ruin this beautiful topic.

8. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

some of these look much nicer than what sony made, just wow

Walkgirl likes this.