1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Repro It's A Sony Stickers

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by doublecee, May 7, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty New Member

Reached out to him on Twitter last week-ish and he replied nothing new planned for future. But if someone is keeping track, put me on the list if another roll is ever produced!

2. slinger333

slinger333 New Member

add me as well, i vote for a new batch!

3. audiowavv

audiowavv New Member

just got my first walkman f12 and although it still has it's sticker, it's peeling off in the corner so i wanted to go ahead and get another one to replace it.... and i'm actually having more luck than i thought i would believe it or not. i didn't think i would find ANYTHING lol.

i hate that i JUST missed out on these tho. aaaah! but i made an account because i came across this. and although i know it's not the most accurate repro, i figured it MIGHT satisfy some folks' need. especially for only 3 bucks plus shipping.

[​IMG]

https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/SONY-VHS-by-nilsnsdesigns/26253991.EJUG5 (choose transparent option)

BUT IF OP EVER DOES ANOTHER ROLL OUT, I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY SOME! :)

Jorge likes this.
  4. Retro_Pete

Retro_Pete New Member

Greetings,
    Would anyone so happened to have 2 small and 2 large stickers available? I would be happy to pay for postage!
    Hit me up!
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. mattb1970

mattb1970 Member

Saw some reproduction It's a Sony stickers on eBay today, 2 for £3 but not sure about the print quality. May be useful for some?
    eBay item: 193885872916

Longman likes this.
  6. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

No where near as good as mine..... look at the edges... These are the ebay ones. Not mine.

If anyone still wants any of my far superior stickers, just PM via here and we can sort out payment etc.

Attached Files:

7. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Mine....

Attached Files:

8. JEAN996

JEAN996 New Member

I am interested in the stickers! I know, I am very late ..... If there is still available!

Emiel likes this.
  9. Patex

Patex Member

Bad Droid and Deb64 like this.
  10. Bad Droid

Bad Droid New Member

What other models would this sticker properly fit? I have 2 units still missing this. One is a DC2, the other a D3.
    Thanks in advance...

11. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Me 2! Would certainly like to order a few.

12. Narutonish

Narutonish New Member

I need stickers!!

13. Benjamin Teague

Benjamin Teague New Member

I’d like some stickers as well!

14. MiKe_WR

MiKe_WR New Member

I need some stickers as well:please:

15. systemBuilder

systemBuilder New Member

I am also interested in a few! How do I contact you? I am new to the forum and it doesn't seem to have a PM option in your member profile! - Don Gillies, Palo Alto, CA

16. LilSilverBullet

LilSilverBullet New Member

I am interested in a few smaller one (for Discman) too. Cannot PM you.

17. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I reached out a while back, but to no avail unfortunately.

18. YZD

YZD New Member

I
    I know I am joining the party bit too late, but are there any of the stickers left

19. Chris_D

Chris_D Active Member

This is a very tentative call for interest for these 'It's a Sony' stickers as I am currently in the process of getting my corporate branding defined (Chris Cables) and will be getting some stickers and other items made up for my own company and could potentially tie this in.
    It's now been over a year since I've been operating commercially as Chris Cables and almost a 1000 units sold and it's ridiculous that I don't even have a logo or corporate image defined yet! I actually lost sales becasue I don't have branding. Seems that's important to some people!

I was also interested in finding some of these for a couple of my own devices and if there is enough interest then I will eventually seek to get something fabricated either in sheet- or roll-form. I'm favouring sheet-form as I suspect they would be easier to handle and ship.
    I won't be looking to profit from them, just to cover costs for production and postage.

So if you are interested then simply reply to this thread stating your interest and nothing else.
    I'm not answering any questions re. prices or postage charges because I don't know at this stage. I'm not promising any movement in the next week, month or possibly even year as my own company's activities take priority. So there's NO promises at this stage - just curious how many may be interested and if I can facilitate supplying some stickers for interested parties.

I'll bookmark and check this thread from time to time to gauge interest but please don't bombard me with requests or questions - I don't have time to respond.

It would be enormously helpful if anyone has any technical knowledge of the original stickers such as exact dimensions, colour code, materials and adhesive types that may have been used. As I recall they were very easy to remove from Sony products so they might even be those static adhesion type stickers.
    If anyone has an .eps file or .tiff file or any other vector graphics file, preferably using the correct colour code and font type then that would make life MUCH easier! Feel free to get in touch. Otherwise it's going to necessitate recreating the design or scanning/editing an original logo.

I found a .png on logotypes101.com but to me it looks a bit janky/incorrect. Can anyone elighten re. correctness and/or share an original image?

Its_a_Sony.png

20. YZD

YZD New Member

Here are a couple of images of the original sticker on my WM-10

Attached Files:

Chris_D likes this.