Sharp GF7-R radio works, but tapedeck is dead

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Ethan B, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Ethan B

Ethan B New Member

Ok, So, I made an attempt to glue the broken "Main Switch" which on the service manual is listed as SW301. I blew it... I used "Krazy Clue" and kind of made it worse. lol.

I ordered from the link on this thread. But.. it will take a few weeks to arrive. I'll update once it arrives. but in the mean time, I noticed the new switch looks the same, but has a longer top. Look at the arrows in the picture. the yellow arrow points to the part that is a different length.

Do people think I will have a problem with the switch with a longer top? Can I just cut them to the correct size? Will it work as is? Look at the pictures of mine, vs. what I ordered on ebay.

Attached Files:

2. Hyperscope

Hyperscope Well-Known Member

Oops I missed all these updates! Take a break for a few days and this is what happens. OK you may be able to file down the excess length. But looks like you are on the right track. A bad switch or contact was my first thought etc.,

3. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

It will be that switch....it always is with GF7 & 8 very common issue! these have great cassette sound when sorted