1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

show your newest vintage electronic entry !

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by autoreverser, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Do your lights flicker when you fire it up?

Radio Raheem likes this.
  2. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

lol no but i tell you this the technics sa tx 50 has blown one of my mission crossovers lad i really don't know how to get the crossover repaired as the bloody things are 5ft tall, it sucks lol

Mister X likes this.
  3. Radio Raheem

had one for a while but the last 2 just in. that's it for me with boxes lads but one of these i have the most fond memories of any box.....btw there is 1 on uk ebay now and it will be as advertised as my last 2 came from the same seller

i give you the jvc dc33l, keepers for me for sure DSCN0201.JPG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    sickly_b and Mister X like this.
  4. Mister X

Wow, that's impressive, I don't think they sold many DC-33's over here, I've never seen one for sale. Somebody should start a portable TT thread, I've got some beauties I could post.....

Radio Raheem likes this.
  5. Radio Raheem

i am tempted to buy the sellers last one mr x but for whose benefit lol....3 look superb up there had 2 but 3 cut the mustard my friend lol.....i have about 15 amplifiers not sure if you have seen them, we need to keep you entertained lad
    just like you do for us ehh

6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

this pretty little Rotel found it‘s way to my home. I love those VU‘s and the whole design, reminds me on my (long gone) Technics SU/SA-9600 combo.

fired it up today and it‘s fully working, no scratchy pots (!), only one bulb (left VU) to replace:
    IMG_1239.jpeg

Mister X and Radio Raheem like this.
  7. autoreverser

a new old turntable arrived today :worship:

Sony DirectDrive 2250

S1.jpg

8. Mister X

I don't think Sony TT's got proper dues but they really are nice looking, especially from the 70's.

9. autoreverser

you‘ll be surprised - this is a really good tt. built solid as a rock, even the original Sony arm (PUA-114) is a good one. you can compare the arm almost with a Koshin (!). the whole unit got the same semi-professional character as a Thorens 124.

the mounted pickup is also an old Sony original with nos stylus and plays really well, even with new vinyls - and yes, that thingy looks superb :thumbsup:

Mister X likes this.
  10. Mister X

I usually have a great memory but I have no idea where this one came from or how long I've had it. Unfortunately someone clipped the RCA ends, maybe they thought it would work fine with speakers. This is from that cool era where the old woodsided models were phased out for the new plastic models. I think this one is pressboard, it's really heavy but the covering makes it look like plastic. It has a removable tone arm but I have a feeling they all stayed with the table. I keep my headshells in boxes and since I can't play this one, "yet," I didn't put one on. Yes it need a deep clean but I think it will shine when done.

Sony PS-3300, it even has an entry on the old Vintage Knob Website, I'll take anything he posted over there.
    http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-PS-3300.html

DSC_2228sm.jpg

Derek marshall and autoreverser like this.
  11. autoreverser

similar to my PS-6750 (non original headshell and wood covered socket):
    IMG_1820.jpeg

12. Mister X

Nice! What do you think about the Sony TTs, are they better than Dual, Garrad or even Sansui/Pioneer? My Pioneer's are great basic tables but the Sony Plinth and Controls are much nicer from this era. I'll have my permanent stereo set up in the next few weeks, I'm exciting to rotate some equipment through at a better listening station.

13. sickly_b

sickly_b Active Member

Amazingly I pulled one of those from a skip last year - some people eh...
    Cosmetically mint and they even put the instruction manual in to go with it - wish I could have thanked them in person...
    I serviced the tape and TT - good show piece - JVC had a style all of their own back then..

https://youtube.com/shorts/nQl0wbPm7r4?feature=share

IMG20220419204744.jpg
    IMG20220421080034.jpg

14. Radio Raheem

Nice to see that one saved..great job

Mister X and sickly_b like this.
  15. autoreverser

nice one, thanks for sharing !

…your workshop-lamp looks a bit like a camping toilet :biggrin:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  16. Mister X

...and another Rotel Amp, the only Rotel I've ever seen was sitting on a curb in Paris next to a Technics TT. I didn't have room in my backpack for either.

I was going to mention the lamp, I love the old shop lamps, I think I have a couple out back like that, just waiting until they make LED circular bulbs, the old style take forever to turn on.

17. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

While looking at Sanyo Radios this one caught my eye on eBay. With a sensible start price and me being the only bidder and I got it for about £14 delivered. Far less than any Panasonic Panapet I have seen. I do need to make a new dial glass (probably from a CD case). I suspect it has been missing one for decades.

Part of the attraction was that I remember seeing these for sale in the early 1970s laid out enticingly on a table in the Lewis's Department store (not to be confused with John Lewis who were later in the same building) in Bristol. However, one would have cost about six months pocket money for me back then.

IMG_2090.JPG IMG_2092.JPG

Compared to many other portable radios it is surprisingly heavy weighing about 350g (12 oz). That is probably due to the construction technique of a separate plastic chassis and outer case which I have seen used in other early Sanyo products. The radio works, but not very well, not that there is much to listen to on MW these days.

Attached Files:

Mister X, autoreverser and Emiel like this.
  18. Radio Raheem

19. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

JVC Headphones.jpg

£148 according to the Bank of England. There again the average wage was only £48, although you could have bought 50 pints of beer, and 1000 cigarettes for the price of the headphones.
    https://www.silversurfers.com/nostalgia/step-back-in-time-to-1975

The most expensive Headphones in the Argos catalogue were these for £10.50. That price didn't include looking like Agnetha from Abba.
    Bush Headphones.jpg

20. Radio Raheem

those cans look huge longman lol......great post sunshine i remember being on yts in the late 1980s and only getting 30 pounds a week but even then things were manageable unlike today i mean 1oo a month just for electric for a month for a small flat with no heating. just insanity lad

Mister X likes this.