1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

show your newest vintage electronic entry !

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by autoreverser, Apr 24, 2022.

1. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

new here: not a Cloneman, but a nice FUJINOSONIX F-15 9E4B10CA-406E-4149-926D-5E82153D7512.jpeg

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Not much is known about Fujino but they had some interesting equipment, most of it looks like it's from the early 80's? I love the rocker direction switch, that might be a first.

autoreverser likes this.
  3. autoreverser

yeah, and the triangle LED

Mister X likes this.
  4. autoreverser

another turntable in our house:

found this Thorens TD 150 with this super rare exciting Shure Dynetic tonearm (built in a Grundig plynth), a friend of mine picked it up for me, got it yesterday:
    image.jpg

Papa and Mister X like this.
  5. Mister X

That is a wild looking tonearm.

6. autoreverser

i couldn‘t resist - arrived today - INNOVA 1000 Multi Component Stereo System:

18328616-076A-4A83-BD0F-C6CF5624383B.jpeg E6FE5FED-3E67-4BE5-9EDB-45562031C0F1.jpeg 0B35BE1A-E8B3-4E20-A872-8CF69D32FA6D.jpeg

needs some love, but i like it :wink2

7. Mister X

I'll take crusty anyday, got tons with lot's of love.

8. Mister X

I don't think I posted this little guy, a Canon DC10 from 2005. Luckily I got a box of discs for it and it was dirt cheap. Even as a shelf queen it has really good looks. I've got to get a battery for it, the power won't turn on with AC.

DSC_1963sm.jpg

CDV and autoreverser like this.
  9. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

autoreverser likes this.
  10. autoreverser

mate, to be honest: i haven‘t even tried to power it up yet but will do so on the weekend :fisch

11. autoreverser

allready got this one for a while but never had it mounted as i wanted to rewire it - wich i did now:

lovely ca. 1962 wooden Grado Laboratories tonearm (with Grado Prestige black stylus):

G_1.jpg G_2.jpg G_3.jpg

sounds lovely, i might even rebuilt me the groundplate (plastic) from walnut, too - it maybe even improves it :hmmm

12. Mister X

It makes me want to fire up the shop and make my own but it's super-cold out today and I don't have a period-correct TT. You have to love the old equipment, I'll have to look up that tonearm.

autoreverser likes this.
  13. autoreverser

mate, this arm is lovely. the adjustment was a bit of a pain in the bud, because the arm had twisted slightly over the years but now the position of the stylus is correct.

i'm having a helluva great time tonight spinning wax :smoke

Mister X likes this.
  14. Mister X

Hockey season is in full swing here, I'm spending all my time at the ice arena.... Just got a ton of snow, hopefully I'll get another backyard rink going!

15. autoreverser

…you should look out for one of thoe old Rek-O-Cut TT‘s !

16. Mister X

Sadly I saw an old commercial table, I think it was a Rek-O-Cut, around 12 years ago at an antique store while I was on vacation. It was affordable, a little crusty but it was back when I hated paying more than $xxxx for equipment because stuff was everywhere for cheap.

I do need to get my AR-XA TT out, I found a minty one a few years back, played it a few times and it's sitting on the bottom shelf on my main rack doing dust duty. I've been reading up on them and there's some that think it can compete with a Thorens. Since I don't have a Thorens, I'll never know. A Sansui FR-4060 occupies the top slot and I'm sure I did a head-to-head a few years back and the Sansui won. My AR is one of my older pieces along with a handful of tube equipment, it would look great next to my Heathkit A9 Amp, maybe a good winter project.

autoreverser likes this.
  17. autoreverser

you may look out for a Garrard 301 or 401, also extremely decent player - now you're mentioning Heathkit, i still have a tube stereo pre-amp Heathkit USC-1 (sorta abandonned in the shelfe, bady me !). i love the Thorens 124, i have three of them, two MkII and a MkI with different arms. i love those thingies :worship:

18. overmodulated

overmodulated Active Member

Minty fairly early Sony WM-6C Walkman with the pointy head. I have no idea of the history of it, and although it sounds good and Records good I have thoughts of sending it in for a tuneup.

I have another one getting service right now. After seeing the insides of one of these I wasn't very confident opening it up myself. Not exactly the Walkman to start out on a belt replacement in my opinion.

Attached Files:

Elite-ist and Emiel like this.
  19. overmodulated

overmodulated Active Member

I'll kill two birds with one stone on this one, this is my new pioneer SX 1980 receiver, complete with the delta 9 power supply PCB from Canada, and it just sounds incredible.

Below that is a Akai GX-Z9100 cassette deck from the Japan market that runs on 100 V, and that is just an incredible sounding cassette deck. Makes great recordings with a wide variety of media.
    EC36788D-BB59-44DE-AD53-6D5DAF56EF41.jpeg

20. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

been looking for one of those for years conrad mine was the same but had velvet sides with 3 speakers in each side lad,,,,just wow bro