1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Models 2020!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Mister X, May 18, 2020.

1. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

It's funny, I actually think this knockoff imitation looks better than the real thing:

Electro.jpg

Mister X and autoreverser like this.
  2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

hahaha, it‘s so unbelievable ugly - why buy that - for the „mignion“- look ? for the wristwatch ?

what a waist of resources :swoon

Mister X likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty New Member

Not really a fan... but sometimes other companies hit a homer. I saw a yellow Citizen "Sports" water resistant model locally for $10 (FB Marketplace) and thought it looked amazing. Should've grabbed it.

4. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

Because it has cool "G-Shock" bars over the tape door.
    No Sony's had anything like that, to my knowledge.
    Reminds me of my old G-Shock watch.
    And let's be honest, none of the Sonys look better anyway. They all have that "blob" like shape with no sharp edges, like an asymmetrically-worn bar of soap. And yellow isn't exactly a masculine color.
    Sure, I get what the designers were trying to do, but the vast majority of people who bought them never took them close to the water anyway. They were selling on image rather than need.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. Derek marshall

Derek marshall Well-Known Member

My only sports walkman- the b-53 that my daughter got me last Christmas. It's got a dodgy headphone socket but apart from that works very well. I had a WM-75 back in the eighties that I loved but had it stolen. I loved the port hole design it had. Is it difficult to get to the headphone socket on the b-53? Appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

6. CDV

CDV Well-Known Member

Of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

autoreverser likes this.
  7. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

8. stereomecha99

stereomecha99 Active Member

I love Sports models but sadly every one I've tried to work on has been damaged beyond repair, and the more complex design of them means there's more things that can go wrong. I'm hoping that I'll one day be able to restore one, especially one with a door locking mechanism!

Mister X likes this.
  9. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Techmoan does the Sports model! "I never saw one in the wild" Wow, I used to see them ALL THE TIME, they had to be the largest selling Walkmen Units of all time over here. We did have beaches, rain and active lifestyles back in the 80's, maybe things were different in the UK. Sure they weren't high-tech but making sure they still worked when wet had to have been huge since they would not have wanted the returns.

10. Emiel

Emiel Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I find them a bit brown too ;)

Mister X likes this.