1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between all the AIWA Compo Boxes?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Mister X, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. StaticAudio

StaticAudio Active Member

With that Yamaha you don't have to use the Basf tower because it's a combination of a cd/tuner/amplifier.
    A stand-alone cd player that also plays MP3 is not very common in a small footprint, an example is the Denon @Mister X mentioned (BTW, I'm not sure it plays MP3, the manual does not say it does, and I don't like the fact that it's a 3-disc changer. Those mechanics always go wrong).
    Denon also has the DCD-F107 but that one is a bit wider than the Basf system.
    Teac has the PD-H380 which is 215mm wide, that matches the Basf system pretty nice, and the PD-H01 or the PD-301-X that even has a digital tuner built-in.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

You guys got more of the Yamaha Mini's then we did but that's a nice looking unit and looks really close in size.

3. StaticAudio

StaticAudio Active Member

If you look for a cd player sized 210 - 280 wide, there is not an abundance of players to choose from.
    The Basf=Aiwa set is 210mm wide so you have limited choice. And you want to have a bit of similar looks.

It quickly comes down to something from mini systems made by Yamaha, Kenwood, Onkyo, Denon and Sony.
    The Teac I mentioned is also part of a system stack but not very easy to find, at least in this part of the world.

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

From 1979, found on Twitter, the AIWA CS-9, big, big money back then.

AIWA 2.png AIWA 2 Trans.png