1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between all the AIWA Compo Boxes?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Mister X, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

That's a stack of beauty there! I'd love to get my hands on that!

2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Patron, I missed your update, congratulations!

Meanwhile I just about broke a fingernail doing a BIN on an AIWA RB-10 Battery Pack for the Carryin' Compo. This might be the only one to ever show up on it's own for sale since it's usually found with a full system in a carryin' box. My little compo shown in one of the photos above has a sign over the bottom battery slot with nothing behind it. This is meant for the optional battery pack and I'm so happy to complete my compo!

DSCN0713sm.jpg

David Waterman and axpegix like this.
  3. Patron

Patron Active Member

Oh wow that’s nice, looks in very good condition too. Good job getting it !

4. Mister X

5. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

You're referring to the silvery items -- some sort of handles, three of which are wrapped -- in the January 27, 2018 photo' shown here by Mister X?

Or do you mean actual "toilet-roll-holders"?

Either way: ew.:nono2

6. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Watch Out!! & I am blaming you guys on this thread for this! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Now I just need the integrated or the pre-power amp :D

I am very happy & hoping the cassette deck isn't too hard to rebelt............

I paid £26.50 for these two parts - The amplifiers I see a fair bit for sale so hopefully............

Aiwa System 30 Components - October 2018.jpg

David Waterman, Jorge and Mister X like this.
  7. Mister X

Very nice nickeccles and you have the killer rack handles, I'd love to find some of those. These fit your style perfectly, the little square buttons and silver face, with a touch of digital when the world was still mostly analog.

nickeccles likes this.
  8. nickeccles

Oh Man - I have wanted this system for all my life since 1982 but they are either hideously overpriced or just plain knackered & cosmetically fucked :( I can work wonders with these two components I am confident of that! I always said "No Mini HiFi Systems" You don't need one! :lollegs: :lollegs: :lollegs:
    But who wouldn't want one of these? I love them............

Mister X likes this.
  9. Mister X

Don't forget, you can always get the case and make it a "Carryin Compo"!

nickeccles likes this.
  10. nickeccles

Amazingly just a day later: The matching A30 integrated amplifier is also on it's way to me!!

Now..............I need some small early 80's speakers to complete this stereo system that's been on my want list since 1982 :wink:

& a pair of rack handles............

Aiwa 30 Series Amplifier.jpg

David Waterman, Jorge and Mister X like this.
  11. nickeccles

First Part Of My Teenage Dream Stereo Here!!

Serviced already & although I would of loved the Pre-Power amp arrangement, this amplifier took me straight back to winter 1982 where I first saw & heard one of these systems - It is powerful articulate & has an awesome soundstage :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: NOW I remember why I wanted an Aiwa compo mini Hi-Fi both then & now!! Connected up to my huge Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Floorstanders, this amplifier delivers by the bucketload & I would say without reservation that it equals my Sony Dolby Digital receiver for sheer power & warm bass that the Wharfey's love to thump out!! Overall sound quality has to go to the little Aiwa - It has that early 80's real Hi-Fi sound that I think many modern systems simply do not have.......
    Now I can't wait for the cassette deck & tuner to arrive!! Today has really been quite an experience - Something so small & beautiful that makes music from my youth up to the present just sound exciting again!! What a amp this is!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Et Viola:

Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (1).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (2).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (3).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (4).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (5).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (6).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (7).jpg Aiwa A30 Mini Compo Stereo Amplifier 28 October 2018 (8).jpg

12. Mister X

Looks great, thanks for the photos, these are really cool units that match your style. The service manual might be in this thread or the "Another cool Japanese Website" Thread, I know I found a blog with some repair work being done. I need to clean up my compos and post some updated photos and I've got some oddball components coming in a few weeks.

Edit: I keep forgetting, HIFI Engine has a ton of information and service manuals for these units.
    https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/aiwa/sa-p30.shtml

axpegix and nickeccles like this.
  13. nickeccles

I am still waiting for the cassette deck & tuner & hope I can repair/rebelt the deck, there were some images on a facebook hifi group recently of this set of components & images of the cassette deck, wish I had saved them now! It looked relatively easy though :reelspin: :reelspin:

14. Mister X

I just noticed your set was made in the UK, I know Longman has brought up Japanese Manufacturers that set up shop over there, I had no idea the AIWA Compos were part of the products.

15. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I did a bit of research and found that the factory is still going. However, like the nearby Sony Factory which assembles all the Raspberry Pis they only do contract manufacturing these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1244949.stm

https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1149367

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/axiom-results-speak-for-themselves-2028417

https://www.axiom-ms.com/

David Waterman likes this.
  16. Mister X

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  17. nickeccles

Dream of 37 years finally realised! Now it's time to get to work on the cassette deck & try & find one pair of rack handles - I have the other 2 pairs!! 20181106_144114.jpg 20181106_144125.jpg

18. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

with rack handles this Aiwa is unquestionably the winner of Miss Universe contest!
    Without handles there is a contender (at least to this judge), Teac Reference 300 minisystem: in love with those surgically engraved knobs!!
    another contender is the one I had 20 years ago, HK Festival 500: harman_kardon_festival_500-1.jpg

Wega looks very serious, I almost expected to see Burmester logo somewhere

Boodokhan likes this.
  19. A O

A O Active Member

Afternoon gents'

I was lucky enough to find the original E5 speakers for my 22

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. A O

A O Active Member

Actually come to think of it I have a spare set of eight rack handles if anyone is interested?

nickeccles likes this.