Hi ! everyone iam from good ol’ USA near Washington D. I very excited to be in this great website for the first time . I am looking for genuine spare Sony CX 20084 ic chip that control the motor speed for my Sony professional Walkman WM D6C . Great Walkman I like it ! Everything works great except it plays very fast , all speed potentiometers were cleaned , belts and rubber idlers are ok , all gears cleaned lubricated , fast toward , rewind , record and playback all works but play back speed is very fast ! Any kind help will be appreciated very much ! Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum @VFET747 ! I would consider alternative fixes to finding a CX20084, there are quite a few: - the Chinese module https (likely based of BA6301)://www.goofish.com/item?&id=766454209480 - the BA6301 solution proposed here: https://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/chasing-the-sony-cx20084-speed-chip-for-d6c-walkman.7794/page-8 - new solutions that are in development (microcontroller and analog). Am working on one myself, but not ready yet. Finding a known-good CX20084 nowadays is hard and expensive. Only real solution are cheap DD donor units, if you can find them. The problem is too common to rely on donors, these will eventually deplete. Hence why I think the focus should be on the other solutions.
Thanks for the warm welcome Valentin and mister X, Valentin I have ordered a module from Finland on your recommendation. Thanks again for your great help it’s very much appreciated ! With best regards! Sikander