1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deals: Walkmans

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Boodokhan, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

Well well on Christmas Day alone with my wife and no kids anymore I have had time to look on E-bay this morning and I have found another Sony Boo Doh Khan for sale with headphones as well and at a buy it now price The headphones are almost new in the box but are Sony DR -S3 so are not the same as those with the original but they are identical apart from the Sony Logo. I could not bring myself to pay £724 for the unit though as I have one However I managed to buy a separate pair of the headphones for the bargain price of £18 plus pp here are both links

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-WM-...528458?hash=item2f34df8bca:g:3S8AAOSwhqBdSKDF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-DR-...742982?hash=item547a28bcc6:g:oHQAAOSwmdtd2-Kg

Cassette2go likes this.
  2. Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor Active Member

3. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

** update below **
    I am not selling mine even though I could make about 800 percent profit based on what this sold for below! p.s. mine is supposed to work with the clicking sound, whenever I get around to opening it.
    Ended: Dec 25, 2019 , 12:21PM
    Winning bid: US $1,563.00 [ 9 bids] + Shipping: $49.00 Flat Rate Freight
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DD-10..._trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true

Boodokhan likes this.
  4. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

12 July 2012 SONY BOODO KHAN DD-100 walkman dlsoukup68 180922046190.jpg
    In this above screenshot is the text of the listing I bought this model from about 7 years ago - and I guess that maybe it does not have the clicking sound issue.

5. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

back to the main: yes, the offer is on a DD-100 and will be quite pricey finally, but nevertheless - with all it‘s so called „negatives“ : it‘s a complete BoodoKhan

boxed ones have allways been pricey and the way prices go right now i don‘t think they will get cheaper within the next few years - the break-even hasn‘t been reached there, in fact: i believe we‘re still far away from max...

6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

...believe me, it does click by now - luckily it‘s fixable :nwink:

Cassette2go likes this.
  7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

8. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

A brand new TOSHIBA KT-C671 is listed for EUR 139.00. Toshiba walkman are the most durable when it comes to capacitors. I have over 100 Toshibas and none of them have capacitor issues. There are certain Toshiba units from KT-AS, KT-VS series models with REW and FFW set up on spools but this model doesnt come with that feature so makes it very attractive not only for collectors but also for regular use. I have several of them and all of them work with no issues at all.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1x-TOSHIBA-...140007?hash=item46b03787e7:g:n4EAAOSwiX9e8lSZ

upload_2020-6-26_9-5-32.png
    PROS:

brand new with all accessories and original box
    Installation of belt on this model is super easy and doesn't require soldering

CONS:

Seller is located in canary islands, Shipping takes long time. (specially with COVID-19 issue it will take for ever to receive it)

9. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I'm not sure if you know, but normally the Canary Islands are a very popular holiday destination (I've been there five times). Amongst the cafes etc there are quite a few shops selling cameras and electronic gadgets. It wouldn't surprise me if this was found during a shops stock take. When I was last there three years ago I saw Sharp Personal Stereos still on sale in the nearest gadget shop.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Boodokhan likes this.
  10. Mister X

I'd love to know the shipping history for more of those destinations, Deech used to talk alot about how Greece used to have a ton of cool models for sale there since it was a tourist area. While Toshiba had very early name recognition here, the nicer portables rarely show up, I just checked my shelves and I only have two and one came from Japan. If you go on vacation check out the older stores, you may find some of this NOS good stuff.

11. Boodokhan

Its not easy to find Dude's walkman. Highly collectible WM-BF22 appears on Ebay twice/year ( Its on my regular ebay search daily). I have several of them and if nobody interested on this link I will buy this one too
    Big Lebowski's walkman comes in this auction with some other walkman units. Its your chance to win this one.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/SONY-WALKMA...679954?hash=item2f45cf5a92:g:UGEAAOSw3iRe-diM
    upload_2020-7-1_10-13-9.png
    PROS:

chance to win a collectible walkman which is not common to find on ebay or yahoo japan

CONS:

shipping is expensive GBP 31.57 to USA
    other walkman in this sale are useless (6)
    no fixed price

Silver965 likes this.
  12. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

and already in my favorites

13. Boodokhan

Mister X likes this.
  14. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Extra Con. There are no longer any Analog / NTSC TV transmissions for it to pick up

Extra Pro. You should be able to hook up a TV Tennis game for extra retro fun. A friend did that with a Citizen pocket TV back in the late 1980s. :nodding:

Boodokhan likes this.
  15. Mister X

16. Mister X

I love the Sony Brick Series, they were big when other models were pushing for being the smallest. Technically these are more mini-boomboxes since they have a speaker and flexible belt handle. This Sony WA-33 looks mint except it needs some work, I checked mine and the tuner dial doesn't work on it either, maybe it's a common issue, it's also missing the blue handle strap. This has the very rare door decal, please upload a scan of it if you buy it.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Soundabout-WA-33-Walkman-FM-AM-Stereo-Cassette-Corder-Recorder-PARTS-ONLY/124301314586?_trkparms=aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=225074&meid=61d9a779fc9a4beb812c5684742e0b6a&pid=100010&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=164238398776&itm=124301314586&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2047675&algv=DefaultOrganic&brand=Sony&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

wm-33.jpg

Silver965 likes this.
  17. Mister X

18. Boodokhan

Mister X likes this.
  19. Silver965

Silver965 Well-Known Member

Of course finding a sale like this is not easy.........:ohmy :hypo

20. Mister X

Yes, that's a huge collection, 57 bids so there are collectors out there, I'd love to hear this guys story!

Boodokhan likes this.